OPEN CALL for Artist in Residence Fellowship Program 2023AiR
NEW OPEN CALL for ARTISTS!
1. Residency period
About 1 month during the period from 1st May to 31st July 2023 or from 19th September to 29th November 2023.
Applicants should be applicable to one of the conditions below.
1. Artists who have funding from international/national foundation or organization
2. Artists who have previously selected or stayed at AIAV for the residency program
3. Artists who have a reference letter from international/national governmental, educational or cultural exchange foundations
4. Artists who have a reference letter from the Selection Committee of the Residence Program of Akiyoshidai International Art Village or the Steering Committee (Advisory Council).
3. The costs covered by AIAV
1. Fee for accommodation in AIAV (private room)
2. Fee for studio (We have various types of studios: the assignment is done by AIAV. The costs of studio for the exchange program covered by AIAV.)
3. Fee for usage of facilities and expenses for exchange programs (within budget)
1. Artist should communicate in English or Japanese
2. Artist should be supportive in providing materials for publicity and archiving
3. Artist should participate in the exchange program for the local community (e.g. workshop, lecture and networking event).
4. Artist should live and work at AIAV during his/her project period.
5. Application materials
(1) Completed application form. (Downloadable from “Forms & Downloads” below.)
(2) Portfolio: Please choose either option (A) or (B) below.
*You cannot submit both (A) and (B). Please choose one.
- (A) Attach a URL of 1 video uploaded on the web.
Note: The duration of the video should be edited under 5 minutes.
- (B) Submit up to 10 images of your work. (jpg, 72dpi, maximum dimension 1000px)
- Note: Please label your images such as JaneDoe_01.jpg, JaneDoe_02.jpg… so that the number on your each file should correspond with the description sheet in the application form.
(3) Current CV(A4 or Letter size PDF up to 2 pages)
(4) Official certificate of funding (if you are applicable to 2-(1)
(5) Reference Letter (if you are applicable to 2-(3) or(4)
6. How to apply
All the materials should be sent to the email address below.
- *Please put “Application for Fellowship 2023” in the subject line of the email.
- *Please put all the materials to 1 folder and compress as a zip file.
- *Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- *Submitted information is only used for selection and not for any other purpose.
Application must arrive by 23:59 on January 20, 2023(JST)
8. Date of decision and notification
By the end of February 2023
We will inform all applicants of the result on email.
– In the examination, ideas for exchange program and the willingness to cooperate with local community collaborative projects by AIAV are emphasized.
– Artist should be responsible for production expenses, travel, living, PCR Test and quarantine.
– If there is a possibility that the project will be canceled or change, we will decide that based on our discussions.
– Further information on the facilities is provided on the website.
– Transportation during the residence period: rental car, bicycles or public transport such as buses.
– There is a restaurant at AIAV and a common kitchen.
Akiyoshidai International Art Village AiR Program
50 Akiyoshi, Shuho-cho, Mine city, Yamaguchi 754-0511 JAPAN
TEL +81-(0)837-63-0020 FAX +81-(0)837-63-0021
Forms & Downloads
Fellowship 2023 Application form(Word/EN) Fellowship 2023 Application form(PDF/EN)
Fellowship 2023 Application form(Word/JP) Fellowship 2023 Application form(PDF/JP)
Organized by Akiyoshidai International Art Village
Supported by Yamaguchi prefecture, Yamaguchi board of education, Mine city, Mine city board of education, Cultural Association of Yamaguchi Prefecture
|Location||50 Akiyoshi, Shuho-cho, Mine city, Yamaguchi, 754-0511, JAPAN|
|Main Building||Concert hall, Amphitheater, Outdoor stage, 3 Seminar rooms, 7 Studios, Gallery|
|Accommodation Building||36 Bedrooms, Darkroom, Salon, Common kitchen, Restaurant|