Open Call for 2019 AIR Fellowship ProgramAiR
Support creative activities by short stay
1. Residency period
Maximum of 1 month during the period from 3rd May to 25th July 2019 or from 24th August to 27th December 2019.
Applicants should be applicable to one of the conditions below.
1.Artists who have funding from international/national foundation or organization
2.Artists who have previously stayed at AIAV for the residency program
3.Artists who have a reference letter from international/national governmental, educational or cultural exchange foundations
4.Artists who have a reference letter from the Selection Committee of the Residence Program of Akiyoshidai International Art Village or the Steering Committee, (Advisory Council).
3. The costs covered by AIAV
1.Fee for accommodation (private room)
2.Fee for studio (We have various types of studios: the assignment is done by AIAV. The costs of studio for the exchange program covered by AIAV.)
3.Fee for usage of facilities and for materials for exchange programs
*Artist should be responsible for travel, living, and production expenses.
1.Artist should communicate in English or Japanese
2.Artist should be supportive in providing materials for publicity and archiving
3.Artist should participate in the exchange program for the local community (e.g. workshop, lecture and networking event).
4.Artist should live and work at AIAV during his/her project period.
5. Application materials
(1) Completed application form. (please download the form below)
●Application Form for Fellowship 2019（Word）
●Application Form for Fellowship 2019（PDF）
(2) Portfolio: Please choose option (A) or (B) below.
- (A) Attach a URL of your video uploaded on the web.
- Note: The duration of the video should be edited under 5 minutes.
- (B) Submit up to 10 images of your works. (jpg, 72dpi, maximum dimension 1000px)
- *Please label your images such as JaneDoe_01.jpg, JaneDoe_02.jpg… so that the number on your each file should correspond with the description sheet in the application form.
(3) Current CV(A4 or Letter size PDF up to 2 pages)(4) Official certificate of funding (if you are applicable to 2-(1)
(5) Reference Letter (if you are applicable to 2-(3) or(4)
6. How to apply
All the materials should be sent to the email address below.
- *Please put all the materials to 1 folder and compress as zip file.
- *Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- *Submitted information is only used for selection and not for any other purpose.
January 15, 2019 (JST)
8. Date of decision and notification
By the end of February 2019 (JST)
We will inform all applicants of the result on email.
Akiyoshidai International Art Village AiR Program
50 Akiyoshi, Shuho-cho, Mine-city, Yamaguchi 754-0511 JAPAN
Organized by Akiyoshidai International Art Village.
Supported by Yamaguchi prefecture, Yamaguchi board of education, Mine city, Mine city board of education.
|Location||50 Akiyoshi, Shuho-cho, Mine-city, Yamaguchi, JAPAN|
|Main Building||concert hall, amphitheater, outdoor stage, 3 seminar rooms, 7 studios, gallery|
|Residence Hall||36 bedrooms, darkroom, salon, common kitchen, restaurant|
※Further information on the facilities is provided on the website.
※Transportation during the residence period: rental car, bicycles or public transport (buses and trains).
※There is a restaurant at AIAV and a common kitchen.